Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologist IV – Electro Physiology Studies – Orlando
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire a Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologist IV who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed AdventHealthOrlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealthOrlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
From preventative screenings and minimally invasive surgeries, to 24/7 emergency angioplasty care and preeminent cardiovascular research, the AdventHealthCardiovascular Institute is a national leader in the advancement of cardiovascular care. Our multi-disciplinary approach to cutting-edge technology and treatment provides a wealth of services for our heart and vascular patients and our units include Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Non-Invasive and Invasive Cardiology.
M-F; 6:30am – 3:00pm
*$5000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation of $1500 available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Cardiovascular Interventional Technologist IV performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of advanced levels of EKG training and arrhythmia interpretation
- Knowledge of coronary diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of complex peripheral intervention procedures, peripheral diagnostic procedures and peripheral intervention procedures (Preferred)
- Associate’s degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Coronary intervention procedure experience (minimum 500 hours in dedicated cardiac interventional laboratories at a hospital with a Level II [on-site surgery] program.) (Per State Rule 59A-3.2085, Section 17)
- Experience in complex cardiac intervention procedures OR
- Experience in electrophysiology diagnostic and intervention procedures OR
- Experience in pediatric diagnostic and intervention procedures
- One year of Cardiovascular Lab experience (Preferred)
- Interventional Radiology Lab experience (Preferred)
- Pediatric Lab experience (Preferred)
- Peripheral Lab experience (Preferred)
- Two years of Electrophysiology Lab experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification (cost center 7266 only)
- Must possess and maintain one of the following:
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Radiologic Technologist [R.T.(R)]
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
- Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
- Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a therapeutic cardiac laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice or performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a electrophysiology laboratory based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Level II Adult Cardiovascular Services license facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes for adult cardiac procedures and within 45 minutes for pediatric cardiac procedures.
- Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
Provides training for CV Invasive Lab Technologist Level I, II, III and IV staff.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealthnon-waived Point of Care training.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost-effective, quality-focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Performs effectively in other roles required by campus (interventional radiology procedures, stress lab, procedural support and recovery unit, cardiac rehab, etc.). Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologist IV opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologist, Electro Physiology Studies, Orlando