Patient Care Technician – OP Wound Care – Kissimmee
AdventHealth Kissimmee seeks to hire a Patient Care Technician who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 163 bed community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney World. The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties. At the heart of our latest expansion is a new, three-story tower featuring 80 expansive, private patient rooms and a host of modern amenities and technologies. Because we believe family support is an essential part of health and healing, we’ve included large, beautifully decorated family waiting areas with the comforts of home. Plus, each patient room includes ample space for visiting loved ones to relax, work and sleep.
Our Wound Care Clinic is located in one of the fastest-growing communities in Osceola County, close to Walt Disney World entertainment and local attractions. AdventHealth is using wound-specific Electronic Medical Records, to capture patient, treatment, outcomes and other data. This clinic consists of patient care planning and implementation, and working on patient care quality improvement to ensure optimal healing outcomes and patient satisfaction. This outreach combined with our passionate and team-oriented staff offers the most varied and extensive experience in the Wound specialty.
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Successful completion of the Florida Hospital Patient Care Tech test
- PCT I and II – Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
- PCT II – Must be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy
- LPCT – Minimum of 1 year experience in the role of patient care technician in specified specialty
- High school graduate (Preferred)
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Florida RN license
- Cost centers 6290 and 6470: Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Paramedic/EMT certification, OR Florida RN license
- BLS certification
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth Orlando non-waived Point of Care training.
- LPCT – Works in collaboration with the leadership team for equipment inventory and upkeep, surveying environment of care and report any problems with compliance or maintenance, completes unit specific activities and assists in process changes and communication to all PCTs.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Patient Care Technician opportunity with AdventHealth Kissimmee and apply online today.
PCT, Patient Care Technician, OP Wound Care, Kissimmee