Registered Nurse – Imaging – Emergency Department – East Orlando
AdventHealth East Orlando seeks to hire a Registered Nurse – Imaging who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of AdventHealth’s seven satellite facilities, became part of the AdventHealth system in 1990. At AdventHealth East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients’ quality of life through a holistic approach to health care — mind, body and spirit — while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation. During the past ten years, we’ve invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children’s Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit. The hospital is also home to the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program.
The Imaging department at AdventHealth East Orlando is integrally involved across the spectrum of patient care, assisting medical staff in the diagnosis and treatment of patients ranging from routine imaging studies to advanced interventional procedures. The Imaging team including Radiologists, Technologists, Nurses, and support staff, working to ensure the patients receive appropriate, quality procedures and results at the right time.
7am-5pm,8am-6pm,9am-7pm; M-F Alternating Weekends (Every 4th-5th weekend)
*$2,500 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Computer Skills (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- BSN (Preferred)
- MSN (Preferred)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) (Preferred)
- ED Internship Program (Preferred)
- One-year RN experience in ED or acceptance into AdventHealth EDNIP program (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatrics Advanced Life Support (PALS) (not required for 6780))
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician’s orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Registered Nurse – Imaging opportunity with AdventHealth East Orlando and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Registered Nurse, Imaging, RN, East Orlando, AdventHealth