Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
AdventHealth’s Laundry Department offers a state-of-the-art air conditioned laundry facility. Production employees consist of linen sorters, linen folder operators, laundry mechanics together with linen delivery and linen distribution teams. The department is dedicated to providing healthcare laundry services to improve the quality of all patients’ experience.
4/10s – Flex; 4a – 2:30p
The Laundry Assistant II places soiled linen on the conveyor and sorts soiled linen. Operates small washers and dryers, and oversees the flow of clean linen from the presses into sling bags. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Bi-lingual – English required/basic Spanish verbal and written communication skills preferred (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Meets linen production standards set by AdventHealth Laundry, operating all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring proper settings for each type of linen.
- Keys in proper codes on the computer to ensure that all customers’ codes and goods are stored. Monitors the operation of the machines to ensure that the pre-programmed sequence for selecting the soiled linen is operating properly.
- Utilizes PPE. Dumps soiled linen onto the conveyor at a constant speed. Sorts soiled linen from different accounts into respective classifications. Looks for and removes foreign objects from linen, including OR instruments, needles, trash, etc.; places objects in designated location.
- Uses hard hat when operating manual lift. Loads small washers by hand, entering the proper code and formula to start washers. Unloads clean linen from washers into baskets, delivering baskets to proper location.
- Checks dryer display for type of load. Loads properly-sized load into dryers, setting the appropriate time, temperature, and cool-down period.
- Responds to press alarm in a timely manner, notifying Laundry Mechanic of issues with the press.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including floors and waste containers.
- May complete daily performance tickets and records.
- May be assigned to work as a Laundry Assistant I.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Laundry Assistant II opportunity with AdventHealth Apopka and apply online today.
Laundry Assistant II, Laundry, Apopka