Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Under general supervision, the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist 2 performs sterile radiographic (IR) procedures and administers contrast agents at a technical level. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes. Provides safe care and processing of patients ranging in age from newborn to geriatric. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- One year of Interventional Radiology training/experience
- Knowledge of procedure-specific equipment (EKO’s, AngioJet, etc.)
- Knowledge of Fluoroscopic equipment
- Ability to learn and master new tasks related to Interventional Radiology
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Independent judgment
- Ingenuity and initiative
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Radiography or healthcare-related field (Preferred)
- Experience as an IR Technologist and/or formal IR training (scrubbing and monitoring cases) (Preferred)
- Experience with emergency on-call situations (Preferred)
- Procedure experience: TACE, TIPS, Fistula declot, trans jugular liver biopsy, Nephrostomy tube placement, IVC filter placement, Thrombolysis, Embolization’s, Dialysis Catheter placement, Thrombectomy, Stenting and ballooning, groin management (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Florida State License – General Radiographer
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (R)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth ‘s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Assists physician with sterile procedures, anticipates their needs and utilizes knowledge of all necessary equipment and supplies. Ensures aseptic techniques are observed. Removes sheaths and holds arterial pressure until hemostatis. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. Confirms proper exam/patient before releasing images to PACS. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
- Utilizes proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors. Ensures study has correct patient demographics and RT/LT annotation when post processing. [Image Quality and Documentation]
- Assists healthcare team. Handles various job tasks simultaneously. Works to improve productivity by maintaining IR Suite ready status by preparing the Suite and equipment for the next procedure. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
- Inputs procedural charges into the computer system. [Data Processing]
- Applies appropriate use of PPE: follows the OSHA/AdventHealth Infection Control policies for handling blood or body substances, waste disposal for biohazardous and non-biohazardous waste and keeps a safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner. Properly wears Dosimeter badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. [Safety and Environment of Care]
- Performs a full range of IR procedures. Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training, inservice, continuing education and/or experience. Willing to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of co-workers and students. Addresses patient needs, questions and anxieties. [Clinical Competence]
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
- Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. [Department Meeting Attendance]
- Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist 2 opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist 2, Surgery, Orlando