Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
The AdventHealth Graduate Nurse hiring programs are designed to teach and support new graduate nurses with less than one year of RN licensure. Candidates who receive job offers are hired as full-time staff nurses and placed into the appropriate training program for that unit.
To be considered for these positions, you must have obtained a State of Florida RN License or multistate license and BLS certification by the following deadline. We encourage you to apply prior to taking the NCLEX:
- June 26th (for July 22nd, 2019 start date)
- July 24th (for August 19th, 2019 start date)
You must upload a copy of your completed, unofficial transcript(s). Transcripts must show your name, the degree obtained (or currently pursuing), and the cumulative GPA.
You must upload a copy of your BLS card (front and back, with signature).
* If these documents are not available by the time of application, we encourage you to still apply and submit your application.
AdventHealth Graduate Nurse full-time positions may be offered at the following locations (availability fluctuates for each class based on campus needs):
- AdventHealth Altamonte
- AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Celebration
- AdventHealth Children’s Hospital (currently no openings)
- AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth for Women (Orlando) (currently no openings in the Women’s areas)
- AdventHealth Orlando
- AdventHealth Kissimmee
- AdventHealth Winter Park
Our graduate nurse full-time positions are offered on the following units (availability fluctuates for each class based on campus needs):
- Adult Medical/Surgical and Medical/Telemetry Specialty
- Pediatrics (currently no openings)
- Adult Critical Care (PCU/ICU) (limited openings in ICU)
- Emergency Department (limited openings)
- Women’s services (currently no openings)
- Surgical Services (currently no openings)
Graduate Nurse Incentives:
- Immediate benefits
- Employee referral bonus
- Shift differentials
- Growth opportunities
- Full-time nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Day and/or night shifts
As a Graduate Nurse with AdventHealth, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere. The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. For job class codes GRN, 1177 and R120, graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- EKG (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
- For Graduate Registered Nurse (GRN), recent graduate of a nursing school
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse (with less than one year of RN licensure).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Professional certification (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as need. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn, teach, mentor and advance nursing skills.
- RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (as applicable): Under the supervision of a manager, assumes authority of the daily operations of the unit/department and is the primary resource nurse for a specific shift. Manages staff accountability and adherence to regulatory requirements. The leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to facilitation of the team dynamics of patient care, patient experience and patient flow including managing staff assignments. Additional management responsibilities include effective conflict resolution, patient/staff rounding and communication, resource utilization, comprehensive hand off communication and completion of unit specific audits/checklists as required or assigned. May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Graduate Nurse opportunity with AdventHealth and apply online today.
GN, Graduate Nurse, New Grad Nurse Jobs, Nurse Residency, Nurse Graduates, Starting Your Nursing Career, New Grad RN, New Graduate Nurse