Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
A hallmark of this campus is the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute, which has set the standard for the early detection and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and disorders since 1967. Our cardiology team treats more than 25,000 individuals for chest pain and performs more than 1,700 cardiac procedures each year. We are third in the country, and first in the state for the number of open-heart surgeries performed. The critical care team also handles other specialized procedures, such as valve repair/replacement, heart remodeling, ascending and descending aortic aneurysms, and arterial fibrillation ablations.
The Pediatric Cardiac Sonography Specialist is responsible for the education, innovation, guideline development, adoption, and integration of Pediatric Cardiac Sonography Specialist modalities to guide and direct Cardiovascular Pediatric and Congenital therapy for AdventHealth. The specialist acts as Cardiovascular Pediatric Ultrasound resource and mentor to the AdventHealth Ultrasound Sonographers and students. The Specialist collaborates with Cardiovascular Pediatric Cardiologists, Surgeons and Cardiovascular Institute Leadership. Designs and implements sonography programs at different sites. Develops and conducts training and education. Participates in the development of imaging standards and integrating new procedures for advanced quaternary cardiovascular care that requires the highest level of non-invasive imaging skill. Participates in research and incorporates evidence based practices to advance the program. Organizes and maintains the Pediatric Sonography accreditation process. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to perform Pediatric Sonography, including complex studies
- Computer and word processing skills such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills across a variety of education levels
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude, professional conduct and composure under pressure
- Ability to perform concomitant assignments in a timely manner and accommodate rapidly changing priorities (Preferred)
- Knowledge and skill in organizing and maintaining Pediatric Sonography Training Program.(Preferred)
- 5 Years of experience performing complex pediatric sonography
- Experience providing pediatric sonographer training
- Pediatric accreditation process experience
- Associate’s Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography OR Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Preferred)
- Experience in Fetal Sonography AND Vascular Ultrasound (Preferred)
- Insert bulleted requirement here (remove bullet points before copying)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Diagnostic Sonographer Credentialing accepted from: American Registry of Diagnostic
- Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- One registry for Adult AND one registry for Pediatric:
- Echocardiography – Adult
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDCS AE) OR
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) AND
- Echocardiography – Pediatric
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDCS PE) OR
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS)
- Vascular Ultrasound(Preferred)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) OR(Preferred)
- Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) (Preferred)
- Fetal Ultrasound(Preferred)
- Registered Diagnostic Sonography (FE) (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Conducts AdventHealth Cardiovascular System training, innovation, development, adoption and integration of diagnostic cardiovascular pediatric sonography techniques. Continually improves the program by utilizing research, registry, professional practice guidelines and best practices.
- Acts as a resource for cardiovascular surgeons, anesthesiologists, allied health professionals. Trains staff sonographers and sonography students in pediatric cardiovascular modalities and protocols according to accreditation standards.
- Effectively collaborates with the multi-campus system Cardiovascular Institute and Children’s Hospital leadership regarding the AdventHealth Pediatric Program.
- Ensures cardiovascular imaging guidelines are appropriately adhered to and are relative to the diagnosis for the various ultrasound modalities.
- Implements and designs programs for the pediatric sonography areas.
- Provides training, development of techniques and education for cardiovascular pediatric sonography. Routinely coordinates clinical practice and continuing diagnostic cardiovascular pediatric sonography education courses using external and internal resources.
- Acts as the cardiovascular pediatric sonography subject matter expert in the areas of: scope of practice, sonography registry requirements, accreditation agencies expectations.
- Organizes and manages the pediatric accreditation processes for AdventHealth Cardiovascular System and performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or section.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Pediatric Cardiac Sonography Specialist opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
Pediatric Cardiac Sonography Specialist, Educator, Instructor, Cardiovascular Institute, Orlando