AdventHealth University, a Seventh-day Adventist institution, specializes in the education of professionals in healthcare. Service-oriented and guided by the values of nurture, excellence, spirituality, and stewardship, the University seeks to develop leaders who will practice healthcare as ministry.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS, AND TEAM:
At AdventHealth University (AHU), our primary customers are students, faculty and staff. Our partners
are physicians, allied health clinicians and employees of Florida Hospital.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The Housing Office Manager is responsible for marketing and office management functions for the student housing facilities. This position supervises all student office staff, coordinates their schedules, and responds to housing resident requests for repairs or service. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Commitment to excellence and success in the Student Housing Program.
* Oral, written, and presentation communication skills
* Ability to effectively and professionally interact with students, staff, and faculty.
* Ability to multi-task, plan, anticipate, and coordinate the administrative functions at Student Housing.
* Ability to supervise and direct student workers
* Mature, sound judgment
* Proficient use of personal computer software, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
* Managing social media
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Bachelor’s degree, particularly in social sciences (i.e. counseling, management, business administration, psychology)
* Experience working in a secondary or post secondary institution, particularly student housing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
* CPR, Basic First Aid
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with the ‘Four Words’ Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship.
* Develop contact and establish appropriate relationship with all housing applicants and prospective housing students; while creating and maintaining computer and physical records for them.
* Distribute and collect Intention to Reside forms on a trimester basis.
* Plan and coordinate move-in procedures for new housing students. Responsible for student check-out procedures at the end of each trimester.
* Responsible for the reconciliation process to account for housing students and support the safety of all housing students.
* Mail rosters, sorting, placement, and forwarding of all student housing mail
* Develop and maintain all spreadsheets used by the Dean of Housing and Financial Services for billing; as well as being responsible for accounts payable forms and monitoring facilities billing processes.
* Train and supervise the part-time student office staff
* Maintain office supplies via the purchase requisition system.
* Coordinate with University and Hospital Maintenance department to ensure the follow through with workorders in the housing campuses.
* Greet and welcome all visitors, while keeping a log of incoming traffic within the Student Housing Office; including Opposite Guest log, and update vendor log.
* Coordinate with enrollment office and marketing to schedule and give Housing tours to potential students.
* Assist the Dean of Student Housing by keeping track and updating their schedule, as well as other duties as needed.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.